We will always respect your privacy
sQuid Kenya ("sQuid", “sQuid Kenya”, "we", "us" or "our" for short) are registered to collect and process personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act" for short). sQuid Kenya are data controllers of your personal information for the purposes of the Act.
Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of sQuid services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information sQuid may collect about you;
- how sQuid will use information we collect about you;
- when sQuid may use your details to contact you;
- whether sQuid will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
Wherever our websites contain links to other websites owned and operated by third parties, they will have their own privacy and cookie policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information submitted by you or collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will sQuid collect about me?
When you sign up to sQuidkenya.co.ke website, including newsletters and alerts, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable sQuid and our affiliated scheme partners to provide you with the services you select.
How will sQuid use the information they collect about me?
sQuid will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for "administration purposes". sQuid may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance;
- we may process the data you have given us or that we collect from your usage of your sQuid in order to contact you with relevant messages from sQuid;
- we may send you regular newsletter communications or alerts about sQuid marketing activity that you have subscribed to, which you can unsubscribe from at any time;
- sQuid may send you customer service messages which are specific to your account, such as your balance is zero Shillings;
- and to analyse and improve the services offered on sQuidkenya.co.ke e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
When will sQuid contact me?
sQuid may contact you:-
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that sQuid can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence; in relation to any contribution you have made to sQuidkenya.co.ke
- to invite you to participate in surveys about sQuid services (participation is always voluntary);
- and for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this
Online pages will give you detailed information about how sQuid will contact you in relation to specific services.
A note for children
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
sQuid and our affiliated scheme partners may contact you from time to time for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you. However, we will never send you emails requesting you to confirm account information to us by return email or by directing you to a web site. This is also known as phishing where anonymous third parties try to gather personal information, while claiming to be from a bona fide organisation.
Will sQuid share my personal information with anyone else?
In order to administer and provide you with the services you have subscribed to, sQuid may provide our affiliated scheme partners with access to your data. Your personal details will however not be supplied to parties outside of this relationship.
We will also keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or for offensive or inappropriate behaviour. Generally, we will only use your information within sQuid and our affiliated scheme partners; however sQuid may use third parties to process your information. sQuid will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and sQuid will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How long will sQuid keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with sQuid. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a sQuidkenya.co.ke member, once an account is deleted a flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of time for administration purposes only before being deleted.
Can I find out what personal information sQuid holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information sQuid holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge Ksh 1,300 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, reference Z1327001.
Cookies Policy - Information sQuid collects from you
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit you went directly to our ‘Logon to sQuid’ pages, we might find this out from your cookie and direct you straight to your logon page on subsequent visits.
By using the sQuid web site and portal you accept the use of these cookies on your computer.
sQuid Kenya Limited
197 Lenana Place, Lenana Road
P.O Box 52625-00100, Nairobi